Actress, supermodel, ambassador for Chanel: Poppy's career takes her all over the globe. Here are her jet set essentials:
1. Animal, the new book by Lisa Taddeo.
2. Wraparound leather sandals by AMANU in blush.
3. The Naiadi raffia bag by my friend Iacobella.
4. Acqua Di Rose, rose water by Santa Maria Novella.
5. Olivia Von Halle Issa slip dress in baby blue.
founded her label in 2011 with a vision of elegant femininity imbued with vibrant colour. A truly global brand, for Saloni, creating beautiful things is a meditative journey, inspired by her childhood in India and a nomadic life lived between Hong Kong, Seoul, London and Italy. Her ultimate essentials are:
Lucy and Jemima of Tart London
are super stylish globetrotters whose travels inspire the recipes and homewares at their fabulous restaurant Wild By Tart
. Their picks are:
2. Basket bag - beautiful artisan ones we pick up in local markets.
3. Statement sunglasses - the bigger the better.
4. Silk spaghetti strap dress - something slinky and silky.
Things that we pack and never use...
Strappy heels... latex knickers and a whip! (Only joking!).
ran his own opticians (Iris) for 15 years before deciding to set up his eponymous brand offering hand finished eyewear and sunglasses alongside precision eye testing. His sunglasses are always top of Willow's list and he tells us:
"I love holidays but I’ve never been great at packing. I’ve never had a problem with sunglasses - usually I’ll bring one pair for each day - but generally, I need help. For the similarly afflicted, I have therefore made three essential lists:"
Things I always used to bring but shouldn’t have:
1. Complete tennis kit: all whites, clay court shoes, 2 x racquets.
2. Smart shoes, leather soled.
3. 2 x warm jumpers.
4. Waterproofs. Just in case.
Things I never used to bring but should have:
2. Matching flip-flops.
3. Swimming shorts that fit.
4. Adaptors. (Why can’t I remember these??!)
5. Spare cards.
Experience (age) has allowed me to be slightly smarter. I now insist upon:
3. (This one for the over 40’s). Zeiss Smartlife Varifocal sunglass lenses. I can drive safely! And I can read in the sun!!!
5. A book that I choose in advance and not one from my wife’s holiday selection…
Packing for three boys means I often end up with everything and the kitchen sink in my bag! This is a more selective 'dream holiday' edit. Like so many others, I did staycation this summer. In fact we holiday in Tresco every year. All the essentials I've chosen would work perfectly there (alongside an obligatory waterproof coat and some extra jumpers!).
1. Alexis Amor sunglasses.
2. Helen Kaminski hat.
3. Any gorgeous dress by Saloni or DÔEN!
3. Pippa Holt Kaftan.
4. Suncream Ultrasun 50 tinted in honey.